Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Sweet Love

I really really wanted to do something with this heart die plate I had from Papertrey Ink. I love that it cuts all those small hearts out but in this case I really wanted to keep them in, I just wanted a few left out, but I had to decide which few. I knew once I had one out that it would look cool with a color in the background and also popping the die cut card would look cool, but I didn't want to die cut a second card panel when I only wanted a few hearts and in different colors.

Once I figured out I wanted a trio of three I thought to emboss the base card using the same die plate, I just had to sandwich it in my cuttlebug for embossing instead of die cutting. Now it would be simple to just use the three hearts I picked out and to realign them behind the panel. I felt smart.
I used double sided tape on the back to keep all those hearts in their place, after all I didn't want any falling out on me.

Now what to color those three hearts with, I thought about pressing them in ink, eh too messy, perhaps coloring them with copic markers then I spied my Tim Holtz distress crayons, after a test run I realized these would work. Whew much easier to color and use my finger to smear the color around.

I then thought I wanted to stamp something in the hearts but I spotted this cursive love die that I think is from Papertrey Ink, I like that look much better. I then stamped a bunch of loves in different paper till I found the one I wanted and used all the extras to stack together and make my word thick so I wouldn't have to pop it up. Then found this tiny sweet stamp also from Papertrey Ink and lastly a enamel heart from Doodlebug and finally the card is complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment