Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2017

Believe in Magic

So I had this idea pop into my head and I am sure I am not the first person with this idea, but it led me to today's card.

I have seen the layered panel stamped cards, where the stamped image goes off the popped up panel on to the background, which I love. While I was making some ornaments with my grandkids using the Cameo double sided adhesive paper where I diecut snowflakes and glittered them, not original I know, but I loved the look and thought it would probably make a beautiful card using the popped up panel look but instead of a stamped image I would use the snowflake diecuts.

It took be a bit of time to diecut, glitter and place them on the panel. I laid the smaller panel on top of the other, laid the snowflake down then holding the edge of the part that laid on the background I pulled the top panel away. Then all I had to do was place the top panel on top, align a second snowflake on top of the other then adhere the snowflake down, and trim the excess. I do spray a bit of hairspray on my glittered snowflakes so the glitter doesn't shed heavily.

Then I fought with the sentiment, and the color but when I finally settled those two items the rest just came together.


No comments:

Post a Comment