Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sending Loads of Christmas Wishes

I guess I was on a kick for masculine themed Christmas cards because I found myself making another one. I have always wanted the truck stamp from Stampin Up but never bought it, then found this one from Stampendous with dies included along with the packages, a tree and a sentiment, so I bought it on sale at Michael's, double score.

I am also trying to use up my old Christmas pp so I can justify buying more and figure I have about 5 pads that needed to be used, most are nearing their end but a couple still had quite a few sheets left so trying to whittle those down, thus that's what led me down the road to this more antique looking card.

The truck against the pp and card base seemed pretty anemic in terms of detail so I added a scalloped stitched die from MFTS and also the sentiment bubble (die also from MFTS) was pretty bare looking. Knew I wanted some holly but it was late and I was being lazy and didn't want to cut any out so I grabbed these enamel berries and leaves from Doodlebug. I believe I bought them on sale after Christmas last year. Seems I migrate a lot to buying any embellishments after the holidays because they are usually discounted down to a nice price.

I popped the frame, truck and sentiment bubble up but left the gifts flat to give some interest to the card itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment