Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I put a spell on you

I was putzing around in my craft room and for whatever reason this thought came into my head and figured I could implement it onto a card. I knew I wanted to cut out SPELL in some pattern paper and also wanted to use these cute bottle stamps so those were a given. I used my Quickutz or Lifestyle or whatever the company's called today IF they are even still around, dies. This was Star, one of the first ever dies I purchased. It was a big deal that font was not cheap after all it was revolutionary for its time, the first ever diecut system. 

Anyhoo I had a hard time finding another font I wanted to use with the diecuts. I tried several different stamps but nothing was quite right, then an aha moment, rubons, Yep rubons, when's the last time you used those? These were from Gin-X, lasting impressions. And believe it or not they worked perfectly despite being a good 10 years old. 

Then I added the spider web in the corner. At first I was going to use a different spider but the image on the sheet looked like it would work, wrong this thing did not stamp out anything like the the promised image, disappointment needless to say. I then added a second cuter spider from Judith. I really wished I had just used it the first time to be honest. I then corner rounded the panel. Kind of simple but kind of different. 



No comments:

Post a Comment