Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2016

Happy Bird-Day!

As usual I found myself behind on my tasks and lo and behold I had a birthday lunch to go to and found myself completely unprepared. First thing to do was make a birthday card.

I had this flamingo set untouched for a few months and needed some inspiration quick to whip out a card and these stamps and dies did just that.

First I attempted to do a watercolor background with the distress crayons but eh not at all what I wanted, so plan b - use the distress inks, mush them on an acrylic block, mist with water lay a water color card on top and voila` instant background. Nice and vibrant just what I was going for.

I then cut the watercolor card using a MFT stitch rectangle die, stamped and colored my flamingos, popped them up using some foam tape, then mounted the layers on my base card. Lastly I added the  die cut grass also from MFT, the matte enamel dots and stamped my sentiment on a speech bubble which I also popped up.

Ok card done check, now all I need is a quick gift. Hopefully a pound of see's candy will do the trick.

3 comments:

  1. How adorable!! I love it! I adore how you did the background and love those colors, Leslie! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, Bright and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete