Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wine Tote

So to go with the card I made on Monday for my bff is this wine tote. I will tell you right now this was probably one of the worse patterns I ever followed. I thought I was making a lined tote and while I kept questioning so many things with this pattern I tried to keep faith that it would work out. I was horribly wrong. It did not end up being lined but rather I made two bags which is not what the instructions promised or eluded to. I also didn't care for the French seams with the denim but that was more of my doing than the pattern and I definitely didn't like some of the vagueness in the instructions or the non centered handles.

But I refused to give up, in the end I before I finished it off I just decided to marry the two bags making a reversible tote which in the long run wasn't a bad idea. The tote now has inside and outside pockets and of course you can change the bag from mostly denim to mostly pink. There is also a divider that sit between two bottles of wine, but honestly I think this bag would carry four bottles.

I am sure she will like it either way and just to make sure I will add a couple of bottles of wine.







4 comments:

  1. What a bummer that the instructions weren't clear, Leslie. Your tote turned out really cute, so I'm glad you were able to improvise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to salvage it. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you worked your sewing magic on it, Leslie! Turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have known all the struggles you went through...this turned out FAB!

    ReplyDelete