Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Are you a Star Wars fan?

I have been prepping myself to start selling some skirts on etsy. My hope is to help supplement my income as my full time job gets weaned down to half time by spring of next year and then eventually I get laid off in July unless something turns up before then.

In the meantime, I have been fantasizing about not returning to work. I will get severance and I figure if I am budget conscious I can make that work for awhile but then what? Hopefully I will have something more concrete by then but in the meantime I want to see if I can get arts and crafts to help me stretch my severance even further.

One of the skirts I have to offer so far is this fun little Star Wars skirt. I am a sucker for Star Wars and honestly it can be hard to use some of these larger patterns but this one just struck me too much not to use it.

I hadn't planned on adding the piping but once I saw how much better it would be you know it had to go on. This was also the first time making this skirt pattern and I have grown much wiser since and made some adjustments for my needs.

There are lots of little details added, like the double top stitching for the hem line, the piping, non-roll elastic and serged seams. Hopefully someone will want it.




Are you a Star Wars fan and even more importantly did you know that Disney will be adding a new "land" to their theme parks? Very exciting news for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your job situation, Leslie, but fantastic idea to start up your own shop! That skirt is super cute and I have no doubt it will get snatched up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to start your own shop, Leslie! Your sewing talent knows no bounds. :) Good luck with your job situation.

    ReplyDelete