Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2015

Getting Ready For Christmas

Yes you read that right, I am getting ready for Christmas and given that it's nearly 7 months away I am ahead of the game. Or at least I hope to stay that way.

I decided to keep those previously made zipper bags as Christmas gifts, my son's party stored closed so I bought some toys for the grandkids at deep discounts and I finished two rag quilts. I made these bigger than the one I made for my little granddaughter and I have just one more to make.

I have to say I am kind of sick of looking a Christmas colors. I think I have had an overdose working on these two quilts but I love how soft they are. It's that Minky fabric, but I call it kitty soft..because it's like petting a kitty.

I didn't use a kit this time but found a bunch of colors that seemed to go together, a few of them were Christmas themed so it helped pull it altogether.

And ignore my husband's work boots in the photo, I didn't realize they were there until I went to post.


Here is the backside of one of them so you can see how they are flat on the back but ruffled on the front.

6 comments:

  1. You are definitely on top of things, Leslie! These are darling and so cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally jealous that you're already working on Christmas gifts, Leslie! I love these quilts. So pretty with the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely beautiful!! With I liked to sew lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love that fresh green for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These quilts are beautiful! They look so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are Beautiful!!! I love the minky fabric on them too!!!

    ReplyDelete