Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

Vintage Photos and A Request

If you are a regular reader of my blog you know that with great sorrow my mother in law passed away last month.

As we prepare for a celebration of life for her, my husband came home armed with photo books for me to scan photos so we can put them into a power point presentation. While there aren't as many pictures as I wish I cherish them none the less because this is a peek into not only my husband's childhood but also his parent's life.

I am selfishly scanning in photos of my hubby along with my mother in law so I can scrap him a small album. This is where the request comes in. This is by far my favorite photo and I want to make a page but I have to confess I am not sure what to call it. My best title at this point is brotherly love but I am reaching out to you fellow scrappers to see if you can offer some other suggestions since I am really not fond of my idea.

This is my husband who is feeding his little sister.

 And since we all love vintage photos I thought I would share a few more of my favorites thus far.



My Mother In Law

 My husbands with his two sisters and his dad. I have to say I have had to do a lot of editing to these photos since they are old which also means they are faded, torn and yellowed. I am really pleased at how they are coming along thus far.



My husband and his two sisters. It's unfortunate that he has lost both of his sisters because I can't help but want to share these types of photos with them. I have decided to make a photo book of his mother and then add in some extra of the girls and himself for his nieces and nephews as I am sure they would love to have these memories of not only their grandmother but their mothers as well.


Well that's it for today. I am bringing Valentine Day treats all week long for the co-workers so I have been busy baking and prepping to make it easier to bake on a weeknight with all my other activities.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's passing, Leslie. :( These photos are to be treasured, for sure. So titles? Let's see...Chew on This, Food for Thought, Eaten with Relish. That's all that's coming to mind right now. Hopefully it will at least get you thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, Leslie, so glad you've been able to digitally restore them! Hmm, as far as titles, I'm not so good. Maybe something along the lines of big brother responsibilities or mommy's little helper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special it is to be able to scan the old photos to preserve them longer. Love the photos, so much story in them all. I always succumb to title pressure so I know what it is like to have a block. Not sure I can help but maybe "Beginnings of a brother's love" or "A brother's love." Enjoy the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry for your loss :( Those photo's are a treasure for sure! The first thing that came to mind was "don't bite the hand that feeds you" or "Little Helper"

    ReplyDelete