Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sympathy Card

One thing I never seem to have enough of are Sympathy cards and probably for the obvious reasons, you really don't want to think about losing a loved one or a friend.

Unfortunately I lost a friend to cancer over the weekend and even though I knew she had cancer her death still comes as a shock to me. Its hard to believe I will never see her again and I wanted to at least send my condolences to her husband to let him know I was thinking of him during this difficult time. Therefore I needed to make a card.

I like to think Sympathy cards should be fairly simple without too much fru fru as my husband says and definitely want to have it exude some sort of elegance so I chose to heat emboss with gold powder.

The stamps used on this card are from Stampin Up and the fine detail gold embossing powder is from Ranger Ink. I stamped the sentiment on vellum than ran it through my xyron tool because the stark white seemed too harsh and I wanted a softer feel to it.

I then added just a few extra details and kept the card fairly flat so it would be easy to mail. Last thing I want is my card coming postage due.

So hug your loved ones and tell your family and friends how much they mean to you because there are no redos, there is no going back and you just never know when the last time you will see them will be.





3 comments:

  1. So sorry for the loss of a friend, Leslie. Your card is lovely and I'm sure your thoughtfulness will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I am sorry for the loss of your friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your friend. This card will bring such comfort to her family - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete