Search This Blog

Monday, January 27, 2014

Stencil Class - Day 1: Inking and Misting

As you may know I signed up for my very first online class to learn techniques to use my stencils. I am not sure why I am fascinated by these, but I am and certainly am glad I took the class because it forced me to use the stencils rather than watch them sit in a box or become frustrated with me trying to use them in my own way.

First day was inking with masking and misting. The principal here is to blend inks together or singularly (we used Tim Holtz Distressed Inks) parts of the stencil and masking off beforehand what you don't want inked. I also used Radiant Pearls mist to give this card a sheen.


For this next card, I had to attempt misting twice as believe it or not I don't regularly do this and learned with the stencil less is more. You just lightly mist to ensure you don't end up with puddles of the misting liquid. I then stamped on top with some flowers and added dots of stickles to resemble unopened flower buds.


Stay tuned for Wednesday as I have two more cards using colored pencils and water colors.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you for wanting to learn more! I don't have any stencils, but I love what you've done here, Leslie! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards look great, hope you continue to enjoy your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the cards! I just started using more stencils in my layouts and love their versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I need to take a misting class...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Sounds like you are learning some fun new techniques. Can't wait to see you show off more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are super adorable. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. I love stencils, although I admit I am only new to them and am slowly building up my collection. Love the idea of masking it (masking the mask!), I will definitely try that technique.

    ReplyDelete