Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013

Party Prepping - Silverware Holders

I am trying to get ready for the next party at the end of April. Planning on about 40 guests so starting work now on scrappy stuff. Color Theme is Pink/Black. {50 and Fabulous}

First up are silverware holders. Part of me wants to tie ribbon and add a tag on these but I have to keep myself in check, remember I need at least 40 and understanding that just by adding ribbon and a tag doesn't necessarily add more functionality..so trying to keep it simple.

I modified a 3 x 4 library pocket card using my Cameo to both lengthen and narrow it. Then I added a birthday cake image so I could have the cake as a cutout and mat some pink paper behind. I think I like the overall look but I am not sure if that is the right placement of the cake what do you think. Should I center it or move it up or move to the other side, I also think this needs a pink scallop border either at the top or the bottom. Opinions are highly welcomed. Oh and I apologize for the photo for whatever reason our weather has decided to be cloudy and muggy when I took this photo.


3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite color combos. So pretty! I'd say just a length of ribbon tied around the center would finish it off. Another idea, would be to treat the black background like a chalkboard and write either "50" on them or the guest's names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the idea of centering it with some pink scalloping at the bottom. It would be cute to get pink silverware too. It would help the cake color to pop.

    ReplyDelete