Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How about a little Valentine's Day project

Happy New Year! Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

Can you believe there are only like 6 weeks to Valentine's Day. My month of February is full up with birthdays plus the heart day, it gets crazy busy around here, but I wanted to share a project I made a few years back that was picked up for publication. I still hang it every year in my entry way. It is simple enough to make and definitely will use up all those ribbon scraps you might have laying around.

Basically you just need to get some heavy gauge wire  (if it's too thin it just bends every which way, heavy tends to hold its shape better) and shape it into a heart. I used a leftover candy box (did I tell you I save everything) but you could use chipboard or do it free hand (print or cut out a heart and shape wire to fit) and just over lap the ends and twist together, then just tie on some ribbon and cut to size, the more you add the better it looks. Tie on some long Ric Rack to hang it and if you wanted, add in a little frame in the center. I just altered a metal frame from Tim Holtz (but you could even just use an office tag) with some alcohol ink and matted on a chipboard heart. Simple enough




2 comments: