Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

Last Day of Holiday Treats + A Christmas Layout

Ok you foodies, I was going to post photos and recipes for the last two items Pinwheels and Lemon Pound Cake but I will just point you to the links of my recipes (King Arthur Flour). I will tell you the Pinwheels call for Cinnamon Oil. I didn't have any so skipped it but this recipe really needs more cinnamon in it so if you don't have the oil it calls for it does use 1 T of Cinnamon, but I would push that to 1-1/2 or 2 T

The batch I made was ok but it really needed more cinnamon flavor and also I would suggest a little icing drizzled on top. Personally for me, this was the first year I used this recipe and I just thought it was a lot of work for not much flavor. The second recipe is the Lemon Pound cake..and OMG is this cake wonderful. I added 1 T dried Orange Zest and 1 C chopped fresh cranberries to the recipe..if you want the cranberries I suggest 1-1/2 or even 2 C..there were only a scant few in my slices. The glaze is what sends this cake over the top so be sure to make it, but don't worry about the sugar it calls for..you can use regular sugar as I did and it turned out fine, otherwise you can run regular sugar in your Cuisinart chopper and pulse a few times to get the superfine sugar they call out in the recipe. Happy Baking

Lemon Glazed Pound Cake

Cinnamon Bun Pinwheels

And now for a bit of eye candy. I made this layout of my middle grandson, Zack. He is turning into such a cutie and I can't wait for this years Christmas photos. He is almost 2 now. This layout was from pictures I took last year. PP was from Echo Park's Christmas line and a few older items, like Scenic Route rubons (I sure miss that company), K&CO puffy stickers, and  Jenni Bowlin Diecut journal spot (It originally said Wednesday but I took care of that with my trusty little dynamo maker)

No comments:

Post a Comment