Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Color Combos

I love scrapbooking black and white photos, sometimes I find it's easy to make the color matching to pp much easier and if you have a ton of photos you can even do some B&W while a few in color to add interest. And when you also use the B&W to map to black, white and one other color like red,  yellow or green it really makes the whole page pop as demonstrated in a few of these layouts below (forgive the quality.) So next time you are wondering where to start with a group of photos try B&W and see how easy it is to incorporate into your pages/project.

So here is the B&W photo with Black, White and Green colors


Here is the Black and White photo being mixed with a Color Photo


And here is Black and Offwhite being mixed with Yellow. But again using that B&W photo

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The last one is my fav though. Did you take all these pics? I think you've got some talent in that lady. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And yes I did take all those photos except for the large one in the middle. I do dabble in some photography but just for myself as a hobby nothing professional.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful layouts. I think my favorite is "Time" - using that one color photo really makes the page pop. The wavy borders with handwritten journaling make it extra-special. I love seeing your work - so happy I discovered your blog! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are all gorgeous. Love that in lo 1 you are telling a story without a pic of the person. Lo 2 is just so special. You can just tell the love you put into the page. Sewing, hand writing the journaling, even the paper layering and curved lines. It must have taken forever! The last one is so sweet. Love the arrows drawing your focus in and the little clock. The details really make it. Your work is all so well done. So who are these cuties? The bottom pic makes me think they're from a wedding? Please keep sharing your great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I will do what I can. Yes those are my two boys. Not pictured is my daughter but her kids will more than likely be frequented on this blog ;-)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! They are all awesome. I have to scrap some wedding stuff, so this gives me some ideas. Would love to see more wedding stuff. Are these your kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these are two of my three kids. Taken quite awhile ago. The oldest son is near 30 and the wedding photos were from his wedding about 6 years ago. And the youngest boy is now 20..Yikes! I feel old saying that.

      Delete